Skip to main content

GENERAL TALK WHILE IN RESTAURANT




TABLE BOOKING
Nitesh: (To Waiter) I booked a table for 2 people for 7 pm. It’s under name of Nitesh Verma, A table for two please.
Waiter: Your table isn’t quite ready yet. Would you like to wait in the bar?
MENU CARD:
Nitesh: (To Waiter), what’s nonveg combo exactly? Is this served with salad? What do you recommend.
ORDER FOR FOOD:
Waiter: Are you ready to order sir? Can I take your order? Anything to drink?
Nitesh: Yes, I will have Non veg combo one plate, I’d like salad with it and can I have roasted chicken. We would like to order grilled chicken.
Waiter: (if there are problems with the order, the waiter can say) I don’t think we have any more roasted chicken left. I’ll check with the kitchen.
Waiter: I am sorry the roasted chicken have finished.
Nitesh: Is there anything you recommend?
Waiter: Yes, The chef’s special is very popular.
Waiter: Can I help You.
Nitesh: Could we have the bill please.
Waiter: Of course sir



IN CASE OF PROBLEM:
Nitesh: (to waiter), excuse me, but I didn’t order this.
Waiter: Oh, I’m so sorry. I’ll change it for you sir.
Nitesh: Thank You.
Nitesh: I am sorry but this is cold.
Waiter: Oh, let me take it back for you sir.
Nitesh: Thank You,
Nitesh:  Can I change my order please.
Waiter: Of course. What would you like instead?
Nitesh: The chicken salad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ENGLISH CONVERSATION IN VEGETABLE MARKET

(When we go for marketing we usually talk about price product and related talk only. here you will get to learn some commonly use sentence) RAJU:  I am going for marketing. Would you like to come? SANJU: Yeah sure. In fact I was just thinking of it. RAJU: Great; let’s go then! SANJU:  What is the cost of potato? VENDOR: It is Rs.30 per KG. SANJU: Give me 2kg RAJU: Shall we buy some carrot? SANJU: It is not nice. RAJU: Then buy some cabbage. SANJU: Ok. . How much does cabbage cost? VENDOR: It is Rs.15 for each. SANJU: Give me 2. RAJU: I just forget to say, tomato has finished so buy some tomato as well. SANJU: Where is it? RAJU: Over there and I can see fresh peas too.  Why don’t you buy peas? SANJU: Go and buy half a kg of tomato only. Peas not required now. RAJU: OK. 

TENSE – PRESENT PAST AND FUTURE

To establish effective communication Tense is very important. It is one aspect of English grammar which is categorized into Present, Past and Future in connection with a situation. Today we look at the type of Present Tense with its sentence structure. 1. Simple Present tense a. Subject + V1 + Object (Positive) b. Subject+ Do/Does not + V1+Object (Negative) c. Do/Does + Subject + V1 + Object ?(Interrogative) Example: I want to play cricket. He does not want to play. Do you want to play cricket? . 2. Present Continuous Tense a. Subject + Is/Am/Are + V1ing + Object (Positive) b. Subject + Is/Am/Are + Not + V1ing (Negative) c. Is/Am/Are + Subject + V1ing + Object? (Interrogative) Example: Boys are playing cricket. They are not playing cricket. Are you going to play cricket? . 3. Present Perfect Continuous Tense a. Subject + has/have been + V1ing + Object + For/Since + Time reference (Positive) b. Subject + has/have –not been + V1ing + Object + For/Since + Time reference (Negetiv

CONVERSATION IN COURIER OFFICE

POSTAL CLERK: What can I do for you? SANJU: I need to mail this package to Delhi, please. POSTAL CLERK: OK, let’s see how much it weighs … it’s about 500 gms. If you send it in Speed post, it will get there in 2 working days or you can send it normal and it will get there by Saturday. SANJU: Saturday is fine. How much will that be? POSTAL CLERK: Rs. 250 . Do you need anything else? SANJU: Oh, yeah! I almost forgot. I need a book of stamps, too. POSTAL CLERK: OK, your total comes to Rs.400 NOTE: “What can I do for you” is a formal way of saying what you want from us. “Or you can send in normal” speaker took pause in “or” to express that you have another option too. “Oh Yeah” is to express suddenly she remember something. And it  is followed by “I almost forgot”